As my 25th birthday approached I began to feel anxious, like I had a dead line and I wasn’t going to make it. It was that same horrible feeling at 11pm the day before an assignment is due and you’re still procrastinating because you just can’t bare to pull yourself behind a desk and start writing.
After A LOT of over-analysis and long midnight chats with my rock friends I figured it out…. One day, I will not be a part of this world anymore. My life has a deadline. As depressing as this may sound it really isn’t depressing at all. As with an assignment you ideally want to fit as much information in as possible – and a deadline gives you the motivation to go get that information.
The problem is you can’t leave your life till the last minute – because you don’t know when the last minute is… and thus my mantra till the Last page began to form.
My philosophy for living life stems from a very simple concept:
If someone was to write the “KazzaBee story”, what would a reader feel as they turned to the last page?
This for me was easy to answer. I want my story to be an epic novel that the reader doesn’t want to put down. It’s the kind of story that has joy – it makes you laugh, it has tragedy – it makes you cry, it has love – it makes you swoon, it has heart-break, it has friendship, it has adventure, it takes you out of your comfort zone and drops you back into it, it makes you believe that the impossible is possible. It makes you think, it makes you question your beliefs. The reader looks at the clock – it’s 3am, “just one more chapter” they murmur, it’s 4am “just one more”, 5am “oh but the next bit”, finally they slowly almost unwillingly turn to the Last page knowing it’s going to be over and then “gasp” the reader exclaims in shock!
Alas there is no ending to my story, not because there was still more to come but rather because not for one second did my story ever feel like it was winding up, getting ready to be over… it was an adventurous, it was thrilling, it was full.
Truth and adventure till the Last page, stay safe
Everything I’ve ever had the follow through to take out of my diary and turn into a blog post can be found below….
- We climbed all over the Myan Ruins at Xunantutich
- You’re not allowed to take photos at Actun Tunichil Muknal
- JFK 6th Floor Museum
- Right now,
- Tropfest 2014 – Stage 88, Canberra
- Let the Era of the Silver Fox Begin
- The Great Breakfast Conundrum
- It’s almost 1am and I can’t sleep
- Tis the season to be giving… and moving
- Last night there was a pretty sunset, an awesome storm and a bit of Harry Potter watching
- This Time Last Year I was in Bali
- Steak and Cocktails
- Can you drive a Manual Car?
- For the Love of Mud – Tough Mudder – Sydney Highlands 2014
- Wine Glass Bay is Stunning (but cold)
- In Retrospect
- Good Doco – Jiro Dreams of Sushi
- Carpe Diem #144 – Put my hands in the air on the Fastest Roller Coaster in the World!
- Wolverine! Sabretooth!
- Animals of Africa # 5 – Cape Fur Seals
- Sunrise at Dune 45
- Back in Oz
- Quadbikes and Sandboards in Swakopmund
- Attenborough, Eat Your Heart Out – Battle at Kruger
- It feels just like home… Spitzkoppe
- Cuddling a Cheetah
- The Himba
- Happy Christmas from Dubai
- CARPE DIEM #26 (7): Swim in the Devil’s Pool at Victoria Falls!
- Victoria Vs Niagara
- Fish River Canyon
- Camping at the Okavango Delta
- Animals of Africa #4 – Zebras
- Animals of Africa #3- Hippopotamus
- Animals of Africa #2 – Lions
- Animals of Africa #1 – Elephants!
- Deep in conversation on the Orange River – Is safety in Cape Town (or anywhere) a perception?
- A Slice of Sydney for the Weekend
- Carpe Diem #1 – See the world from the Roof of Africa (Day 7)
- Carpe Diem #1 – See the world from the Roof of Africa (Day 6: Coming Down the Mountain)
- Carpe Diem #1 – See the world from the Roof of Africa (Day 6: Summit Bid!)
- Carpe Diem #1 – See the world from the Roof of Africa (Day 5)
- Carpe Diem #1 – See the world from the Roof of Africa (Day 4)
- Carpe Diem #1 – See the world from the Roof of Africa (Day 3)
- Carpe Diem #1 – See the world from the Roof of Africa (Day 2)
- Carpe Diem #1 – See the world from the Roof of Africa (Day 1)
- Conquering the Zambezi!
- I’m Connected!
- My Life is Grand!
- BE BETTER BASKET: Organise your Travel Electricals
- CARPE DIEM #19: Learn to Ride a Motorbike
- The Beauty of Change in the Blue Mountains
- Christmas in July – DIY Advent Calendar
- I am an Airport Snob
- Cappuccino Cupcakes to Break Free from a Stupor
- BE BETTER BASKET: CHALLENGE #4: WRITE A PERSONAL KUDOS LIST
- Crocs Rock!
- The Tale of the Two Princes
- CARPE DIEM #131: Get a Masters in Something International Relations Related – The First Step
- BE BETTER BASKET – CHALLENGE #3: GO FOR A WALK
- BE BETTER BASKET – How to call for an Ambulance
- Life’s a Circus… for women?
- BE BETTER BASKET – CHALLENGE #2: REMIND SOMEONE THAT YOU’RE THERE FOR THEM
- DEFINITELY NOT ON MY CARPE DIEM LIST – Being Carted off to Hospital in an Ambulance
- VENUS! VENUS! LAST CHANCE! VENUS!
- BE BETTER BASKET – CHALLENGE #1: STOP, LOOK-UP AT THE STARS, and DREAM!
- BE BETTER BASKET – THE “I CHALLENGE YOU” SERIES
- Kopi Luwak – The Most Expensive Coffee in the World
- Horsing About at Horseshoe Bay
- Do you know about Coltan in the Congo?
- BE BETTER BASKET: How to Cut Coltan for the Congo
- Our Chums the Chimps
- The Perfect Weekend
- Cinco De Mayo – The 5th of May
- Argh, I’m so anxious…. at the Melbourne Comedy Festival?
- Pop M’art in Melbourne
- BE BETTER BASKET: How to be an Awesome, Fish-Friendly Fisherperson
- Can I Have My Fish and Eat it Too?
- I Caught Me a Hammer Head (Charter Fishing in Darwin)
- I’m a Worldly Poshpacker
- I am a Global Citizen
- Burning Out or Heating Up?